Bylaw 22-2017 to replace amended Land Use Bylaw #24-2014
Pursuant to the provisions of Section 692 of the Municipal Government Act, the Council of Lac Ste. Anne County is considering a new Land Use Bylaw to replace Land Use Bylaw through Bylaw 24-2014 (as amended). Some of the proposed changes include:
- Recreational vehicles – allowed on some lots where no residence exists in some locations and prohibits RVs in other locations
- Rezoning residential parcels 3 to 10 acres in size outside of subdivision
- Allowing garages prior to principal residence: garage as principal use in the multiple districts
- Caretaker residence must be accessory to industrial use
- Municipal infrastructure as principal use on some properties
- Administrative Amendments:
o Updated referral requirements
o Removed age limit on mobile homes
o Clarification on when a permit is not required
o Update LUB to match Alberta Building Code for permit requirements on accessory buildings 100 sq. ft.
- And other various changes
Presentation to begin at approx. 5:40 pm. Interested individuals may attend to discuss the proposed changes with staff and provide feedback.
Tuesday, February 26, 2019 | 5:00 - 8:00 pm
Alberta Beach Agriplex
4811 47 Avenue – Alberta Beach
Interested individuals may attend to voice their comments directly to Council. Schedule a 5-minute speaking time by contacting the County office at 780.785.3411 and requesting the Planning & Development department. Those with scheduled appointments will be given priority. We strongly encourage those wishing to speak to call and book a time.
Saturday, March 23, 2019 | 1:00 pm
Onoway Heritage Centre Gym
4708 Lac Ste. Anne Trail – Onoway
Take Part in the Discussion
Your Thoughts and Ideas About the Proposed Changes are Important
The following documents related to the open house & public hearing are available for download: