Check Out What Goes Where
Utilities Staff can be contacted at 780.785.3411 (toll-free 1.866.880.5722) or LSAC (@) LSAC.ca, and are available during business hours to manage accounts and services, process payments, and answer any water, wastewater, garbage or recycling-related billing questions.
Distinction Between Transfer Stations and the Regional Landfill
Lac Ste. Anne County, is responsible for the operational management of its eight Transfer Station facilities.
In addition to the County's Transfer Station facilities is a Regional Landfill located near the Hamlet of Gunn. The Landfill is owned and operated by the Highway 43 East Waste Commission — a standalone business entity that works jointly with the Village of Alberta Beach, the Towns of Mayerthorpe and Onoway, and 12 Summer Villages in a regional cost-shared recycling program.
What's in the Utilities section...
To report a water or wastewater emergency, please call 780.785.3411 (toll-free 1.866.880.5722).
Household Hazardous Chemicals
Certain household hazardous waste materials are accepted at the Regional Landfill and the 8 County-owned transfer stations. Check this handy infosheet before you head out!
What recycling is accepted at the Landfill and Transfer Stations?
Please refer to the following guidelines when sorting any recyclables destined for the Regional Landfill or any of the County-owned transfer sites. Thanks for doing your part to keep these items out of the landfill!
Do you live in Sangudo? There is a separate Blue Bag program for recycling — and a separate set of guidelines for what's allowed in the bag. Click Here to check the rules.
- Cardboard boxes (cereal, pizza, tissue boxes, etc.)
- Toilet and paper towel tubes
- Catalogues, magazines and telephone books
- Newspapers, flyers and brochures
- Letters and envelopes (remove plastic window)
- Paper coffee cups and fountain pop cups (no lid)
- Greeting cards and gift wrap (n0n-foil paper)
- Paper bags
- Shredded paper (in a see-through bag and tied closed)
- Paperback and hardcover books (separate hardcovers from pages
- Soft drink bottles
- Detergent & cleaner containers
- Food trays
- Milk, water & juice jugs
- Personal care bottles
- Cooking, vegetable oil & salad dressing bottles
- Shrink-wrap, blister packs
- Bread bags, garbage bags, grocery bags, cereal box liners
- Plastic cutlery, foam plates, egg cartons, etc.