The County manages an annual Beaver Bounty Program to help control beaver overpopulation and related flooding incidents. Under this incentive, $40.00 per beaver tail is available, subject to certain conditions and limitations.
About the Beaver Bounty Program
The County has introduced a flooding prevention incentive in place. This program is designed to help control beaver overpopulation on private land. Under this incentive, $40.00 per beaver tail is available, subject to the following conditions:
- The landowner must first notify the County of the problem with beavers, giving a legal description of the property and the description of the flooded area, i.e. hay land, cultivated land or pasture.
- Landowners and authorized persons must sign an affidavit that the beavers were destroyed within Lac Ste. Anne County and that these animals were causing flooding of agricultural land.
- The total amount paid out by the County on this program is limited to $10,000 $20,000 (on June 11, 2020, County Council moved to increase the bounty limit by an additional $10,000).
- The Agricultural Services Manager may establish limits on the amount payable to a landowner or authorized person.
- Beaver tails will be collected at the Regional Landfill specified times for the duration of COVID-19.
- Beaver tails less than three (3) inches in length are not acceptable for payment.